Thursday, October 28, 2010

Spooky Good Paleo Candy Bars

Yes, they do exist. I made these little guys for my CrossFit Round Rock class to celebrate Halloween and they requested the recipe. :)

- 5 tbs coconut oil
- 1/4 cup non-dairy cocoa powder
- 1/2 cup almond meal
- 3/4 cup shredded coconut
- 1 tbsp honey

1. Melt the oil and honey in a sauce pan over medium heat.
2. Add in the dry ingredients and stir until everything is the same color (you'll see what I mean) and consistency.
3. Pour your mixture into a non-stick baking pan. I used a rectangular one, but you can use any shape you like/have.
4. Stick it in the freezer. Mine took about 1.5-2 hours to freeze, but I like to leave them in for 3 just to make sure (no one likes mushy candy bars).
5. Once the candy has hardened, dump it out onto a cutting board (literally, turn over your pan and it should fall out). Slice into pieces and serve!

No comments:

Post a Comment