Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Level One Certification: Check!

In case the title didn't give it away, I am now officially certified as a Level 1 CrossFit Coach! After an intense yet amazing 2-day course in San Antonio, I am ready to start spreading the CrossFit love to everyone. I am very excited to take on classes at CrossFit Round Rock this fall (after much shadowing from the amazing coaches already teaching of course) and start my own bootcamp! I've already done a little shadowing which has truly helped my coaching development, but there is nothing like being thrown in head first to see if I swim - an opportunity that is right around the corner.

The other thing I really got more information about at my certification was nutrition. Some I already knew (refined carbs bad, protein-good) but the why's behind it were really eye opening.



I had some idea of the reasons why obesity and cardiovascular disease are continuing to plague Americans and have reached an epidemic status but some insight from Robb Wolf and the CrossFit Journal go into depth explaining Hyperinsulinism and its relationship with weight gain and every health issue from diabetes to alzheimers and even infertility. How do we avoid these diseases you ask? "Eat meat & vegetables, nuts & seeds, some fruit, little starch, and no sugar."

No comments:

Post a Comment