Thursday, August 12, 2010

Big Changes


Over my 2 month absence, my life has drastically changed - and so has this blog. I am now a full time educator at lululemon athletica here in Austin and am loving every waking second of it. I've been able to focus more on my health (working out almost everyday - mixing yoga and CrossFit) and my goals. I can honestly say that 2 months ago I did have goals, but they were half hearted at best and there was no plan in action to make them a reality. Over the past month, I have finally gotten comfortable enough to sit down and evaluate what I really want out of life and how to go about getting it.



After evaluating my passions, I realize that the most important things to me are my family and friends. Next on that list, is my and their health, which leads me to this new blog direction. It is my goal to turn this outlet into a resource for paleo recipes/cooking ideas. Cooking is my therapy and food is what fuels our entire existence, so why not put my laptop where my life is and make the world a better place, one clean meal at a time!

No, I haven't been to culinary school and I certainly do not have any god-given kitchen skills (my hands are covered in scars from hot pans and pearing knives) so this is going to be a true challenge, but one that I could not be more excited about. These first few months I'll share with you my attempts at already published paleo recipes (there are blogs I have fallen in love with) and my tips and tricks for making them my own. From there, expect my original culinary creations to flow freely! Feedback is a must, so I'll be including Steve's reactions to all of my meals and snacks. As a picky, semi-paleo guy, he should be a great sounding board, but I would love some outside reports!

No comments:

Post a Comment