Friday, August 27, 2010

Ground Yourself


On life's journey faith is nourishment, virtuous deeds are a shelter, wisdom is the light by day and right mindfulness is the protection by night. If a man lives a pure life, nothing can destroy him.
Buddha



Sometimes it takes something as simple as yoga to humble you. Today, my instructor told me "Ground yourself." Those two little words not only brought intention to my practice, but truly got me thinking about my world outside of the little, heated studio. These past few days I have been running around like a chicken with my head cut off. From getting in as many fitness classes as possible to working a floor shift at lululemon to shadowing a CrossFit class to training for Fight Gone Bad, 90% of the time I'm actually home is spent dragging my limp course to bed, the rest is prepping for the next day. Trust me, every moment has been a blessing and I am so much happier now that I was just 2 months ago, but it's a little overwhelming when you compare it to my "normal" 9-5 life I lived comfortably in until the end of July.

I've let my life pull me in crazy directions so much so that I've started loosening my grip on the things that keep me grounded - spending time with Steve and my friends, eating at normal times, my family and my ME time. This next week I will ground myself, but not give up the things I love. I will balance my work with my fun, stretches with my workout, eating with sleeping. It won't be easy, but I know that if I end up somewhere in the middle, it will be a successful week. Namaste

No comments:

Post a Comment